Friday, December 30, 2011

My Project Run and Play Remix of The Junebug Dress!



If you haven't checked out Project Run and Play, hop over there and become a follower. They have a great competition among bloggers for making kids clothing! As part of the fun, they are inviting anyone who wants to "sew-along" and compete for a $25 gift card to Fabric.com. So I figured, why not give it a shot?
The first week is to do a remix of The Junebug Dress.
This dress is adorable, with its flap on the front with three buttons attaching it on the sides. It also has sweet puffed sleeves. For my remix, I decided to turn it into a corduroy overalls jumper! I removed the puff sleeve to make it a jumper, then instead of attaching a gathered skirt, I made pants with an extremely tall waist and gathered them to fit the bodice. I completed the "look" with covered buttons, an applique on one leg, and lined it with the fabric I used on the front flap. LJ loves it and didn't want to take it off!

("Modeling" with her hands on her hip, sorta...)


Who me? Require chocolate in exchange for photos?






Dragonfly Designs

4 comments:

  1. so clever turning the dress into a jumper !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! They remind me of lederhosen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kendascrafts- love it! maybe for Halloween next year, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that it is a JUMPSUIT!!!! It turned out so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks so much! Please understand that I try my best to reply, but I am not always able to!