Sunday, April 12, 2009

Don't Miss it music festival!


After living in Tennessee for several years and now back to my hometown in Indianapolis, I have realized there are a lot of things I miss from Tennessee (and quite a few things I don't miss either!)

I miss fruit tea, cheese grits, honky tonks, Provence Cafe, and Uncle Dave Macon Days (that's him above) in Murfreesboro! Its on July 11th this year, and you can check it out at http://www.uncledavemacondays.com/

Basically, its a bunch of old-fashioned Tennessee stuff- buck dancing, bluegrass music all around you, old women clogging in those funny frilly skirts. Also, there is great food and vendors selling jewelry, etc.

Basically its a ton of fun and would make a great addition to a Tennessee vacation this summer. David and I are planning to go this year, although being outside walking around all day pregnant in the sweltering heat might pose an issue! But there is a little creek you can play in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks so much! Please understand that I try my best to reply, but I am not always able to!