- I took an old tintype photo of my husband's great great grandparents and scanned it into my computer.
- Then I photoshopped away to my heart's content adding a couple of shabby-chic looking roses and making it look older (it was in surprisingly good condition!)
- Then I printed it onto iron-on paper (you can buy it at the craft store)
- I cut it our carefully and ironed onto a pillow cover that I made (you can use a pre-bought pillow as long as you can take out the pillowform).
- Then I embroidered the roses to enhance them, around the edge of the photo (like a frame) and added embellishments such as pink and gold rose buttons.
- Put the pillow into the pillow cover and voila- instant vintage decor with a very personal touch.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
embroidered heirloom pillow
New project idea...photo coming soon!