Monday, April 1, 2013

My version of "Broccomole"


So, is it just me, or is Broccomole taking over Pinterest?  I thought I'd throw my own recipe into the mix, since I don't care for the others out there.  Its nutritious, delicious, and pretty!

What you'll need:
-Food processor or really good blender
-4 Cups of fresh chopped broccoli
-1 large onion, sliced
-2-4 cloves of garlic (what you prefer)
-1 block of neufchatel or lowfat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Olive oil to preferred texture

This will make a large portion (about 7 cups!)- I kept half in my fridge and froze the other half for another time!  Its so low fat that you can eat a bunch!

Directions:
-Toss the onion, garlic cloves, and broccoli in some olive oil and roast in over at 400 degrees F for about 1/2 hour (until browned and soft)
-When you remove from oven, toss it all in the food processor and blend well.  Add some of the olive oil to help it process.
-Add in the block of cream cheese and yogurt and blend well.
-Blend in salt and pepper to taste.  Add more olive oil if you want it "looser".

THAT'S IT!!!


I love this version I made, because it is a great dip, as well as a good pasta sauce too!  It is tasty warm, but you can scoop it cold out of the fridge too :)

I hope you enjoy my version of this tasty dip!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks so much! Please understand that I try my best to reply, but I am not always able to!